Romantic Things To Do In Carmel California on Your Next Vacation
This list of 16 must do adventures is just the beginning.
You could start with:
- Breakfast at Katy's Place on Mission and Sixth where the spicy chipolte sausage and home made potatoes are a favorite
- A walk down downhill along Ocean Avenue to one of the nicest beaches anywhere
- Stop at the Carmel Bakery for some bear claws or pig ears
- Take a wine tour within Carmel By The Sea of the areas best wineries
- Shop for hand made jewlery or original art
- Buy some handmade boots custom made just for you
- Have lunch at Portabello on Ocean Avenue and ask Luiz about the "creatures of the night".
- Watch an original play at a theater in the round
- Reserve tickets for a major live big name performance at the Sunset Center where world class entertainers perform every week
- Enjoy a day at the Refuge Spa for a scandanavian surprise and a spa treatment facility set against the backdrop of the Santa Lucia Mountains and one you will never forget
- Carmel Day Spa is a great romantic retreat for two as well
- Stop in At Lulu's for the best chocolate anywhere...no kidding!
- Visit the cheese shop for a tasting in the plaza for the largest selection of cheese within a hundred miles
- Visit some local art and museums.
- Find your way to the little known Carmel River Beach where the locals go
- Enjoy a crackling wood fire without a permit at the end of Carmel Beach
- Come for the 52nd annual sand building contest in early September
- Stay in the vintage Hans and Gretel cottages with wood burning fireplaces near Ocean Avenue and Camino in downtown Carmel
Shop At Tiffany's
Listen To The Crashing Waves
Enjoy Lunch On The Deck At Clint Eastwood's Mission Ranch
Take Lots Of Pictures
Shop For Original Art
Shop For Classic Books That You Can't Find Anymore
Enjoy Fine Dining Around Every Corner
Visit The Restored Carmel Mission
Celebrate An Anniversary
Enjoy Demetra's Fun Dining Atmosphere
Shop For A Unique One Of A Kind Gift For Yourselves
Surprise Her With A Treasure
Watch The Sunsets
Take A Short Hike
Watch The Sheep At Mission Ranch
Get Married On The Beach
Order Some Custom Made Boots
Watch A Theater Play In The Round
Stay At The Pet Friendly Cypress Inn
Stay At A Resort At The Base Of The Santa Lucia Mountains
Enjoy A Movie Or An Open Air Play At The Forest Theater
Stop In For A Cocktail At A.W. Shucks On Ocean Avenue
There Is Always More ...
Carmel is such an enjoyable place that it's likely you will return. Try a different type of lodging, explore the places you never had a chance to see on your first few trips, visit the Sunset Center for a stimulating performance, but come back and enjoy again.
It's been my experience that you appreciate this charming place the more you return.
See you soon!
Find More Things to Do on the Carmel Coast:
Home > Things To Do In Carmel California